In order to obtain a certified Heritage Walking Horse registration certificate, either 100% or in one of the other categories, your horse needs to comply with the criteria below AND show the signature gaits and disposition in a video. Video guidelines can be found here.
1. 100% Heritage Walking Horse
- The 100% Heritage Horses (or The pure Heritage Horse) must have all older bloodlines, with a minimum of five stallions and/or mares with pre-1950 registration numbers still showing on the papers. Foals born of two Heritage parents will be eligible to be registered in this category regardless of how many numbers are still showing on the papers.
- No modern show horses in the pedigree that were shown padded/stacked after 1976;
- Various colors and patterns are exhibited within the Heritage Horse ranks. All colors, patterns, and modifiers must trace, generation to generation, to horses of those colors, patterns, and modifiers registered in the original TWHBAA Studbooks.
- Gait certified with a video following the video guidelines.
2. Heritage Breeding Stock
- Heritage Breeding Stock will be comprised in two different categories.
- Gait certification with a video following the video guidelines is required for horses from both categories.
3. Heritage Accredited
- This category is for those horses that have a majority of old bloodlines but have no more than two performance horses exhibited after 1976 on their papers.
- Various colors and patterns are exhibited within the Heritage Horse ranks. All colors, patterns, and modifiers must trace, generation to generation, to horses of those colors, patterns, and modifiers registered in the original TWHBAA Studbooks;
- These horses will not be considered full Heritage, nor will their offspring. - - Gait certified with a video following the video guidelines.
All persons conducting business with IHWHA must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
Any person or persons who willfully register or record false pedigrees will be forever barred from making any further transactions with IHWHA and the false transactions will be cancelled.
The owner of any IHWHA registered horse which is exhibited in an unsound manner that results in an upheld VMO, DQP, HIO or USDA ticket for soring, scar rule, foreign substances, pressure shoeing, or repeated violations, will have all rights to do business with IHWHA, suspended indefinitely. This suspension includes registration of foals, transfers, and/or conducting any business with IHWHA.
IHWHA will not be held liable for any delays or losses due to irregularities of the Postal System.
Registration of adult horses who are already registered: Provide IHWHA with a completed pedigree form and a completed DNA results form along with a payment of Twenty Five Dollars ($25.00) and a request for IHWHA registration form. Horses which are already Heritage Certified can be converted to IHWHA registration by sending in a request and $10 to cover postage and supplies. Video guidelines can be found here.
Sane & sound
Copyright © International Heritage Walking Horse Association, Inc
Po Box 267 Whitehall, WI 54773-0267 info@IHWHA.com